This is the first CD released with Brian Carrick, and "The Happy Pals", in Toronto, Canada. The Happy Pals is run by Patrick Tevlin who took up leadership of the band after the "Great" CLIFF ''KID'' BASTIEN passed away. I Highly recommend this CD ''if you like your music'' ROUGH, EXCITING AND SWINGING LIKE HELL SO MUCH, YOU WOULD SWARE TO GOD THE BAND WAS BORN AND BRED IN NEW ORLEANS. I remember in early 1973-74 period, at the New Orleans Jazz Festival,held in the Fairgrounds out past Tulane and City Park, Kid Thomas Valentine watching and listening to "Kid Bastion" and the band playing Kid Thomas. It was a Real Blast when standing near "Kid Thomas" listening to him, as he was chuckling away and saying to Joe ''Twat'' Butler Quote "Goddam it Man, THEY SOUNDS LIKE ME". Unquote You can get the CD direct either from Patrick Tevlin or from Brian Carrick. www.HappyPals.ca firstname.lastname@example.org New Orleans North CD-007 ENJOY
LIVE SESSION RECORDING
Patrick Tevlin-Trumpet,Vocal 1,9 Brian Carrick-Clarinet,Tenor Saxophone, Vocal 2 Toby Hughes-Alto Saxophone Roberta Tevlin-Trombone, Vocal 3 Roberta Hune-Piano, Vocal 3 Rainer Hunck-Banjo except 7,9 Alex Ralph-Banjo 7,9 Philip Carney-String Bass Chuck Clarke-Drums
1) My Blue Heaven 2) When you and I were Young Maggie
3) Love in Bloom 4) Bugle Boy March
5) Bright Star 6) Undicided
7) Mobile Stomp 8) Over the Waves
9) How About You 10) High Society
When we came to make this recording at "Firemans Hall" in Westwego outside Algiers in New Orleans in October 2004, we had no idea at the time, that this might be one of the last recordings to ever be made in this Old Dance Hall. Why was this the case ? one word suffices "KATRINA".
"Hurrican Katrina" was the most devistating Hurrican to Ever hit the Gulf Coast, it claimed over Two Thousand people their lives, and laid waste much of New Orleans destroying the Historic 9th Ward Completly and breached the Cities Levee Protection flooding most of the City.
Old Firemans Hall along with many many other building''s Historical and otherwise have been lost to future generations.
Shirley Alexander-Vocal. Wendell Eugene-Trombone. Brian Carrick-Clarinet. Gerald Adams-String Bass. Peter Wright-Trumpet. Rickie Monie-Piano. Andrew Hall-Drums.
Number 504 CDS 88
Recorded New Orleans 13/10/04
1) Fly Away 2) Down By The Riverside
3) Just A Little While To Stay Here 4) The Old Rugged Cross
5) Darktown Strutters Ball 6) His Eye Is On The Sparrow
7) What A Friend We Have In Jesus 8) The Lord Will Make A Way
9) Just A Closer Walk With Thee 10) Saviour Lead Me Lest I Stray
11) Walking with The King 12) Amen/This Little Light Of Mine
13) I Come To The Garden Alone 14) Battle Hymn Of The Republic
15) Somewhere I''ll Be Working For My Lord
16) Blessed Assurance 17) When The Saints Go Marching In
Blue Dixie records BDCD-005
Recorded Port & Burgundy Street, New Orleans, October 2004
Peter Wright trumpet; Brian Carrick clarinet, tenor sax and vocal; John Crisp trombone; Jamie Wight piano; Hans Jorgensen banjo; Bernie Attridge string bass; Taff lloyd drums;
1) Over in the Gloryland 2) Precious Lord
3) Alexanders Ragtime band 4) The last mile of the Way
5) Down by the Riverside 6) Just a Closer Walk with thee
7) Bye & Bye 8) Sing On
9) Take your burdon to the lord 10) Jesus keep me near the cross
11) Bugle Boy March 12) By the River of Light
13) Someday Sweetheart 14) What a friend in Jesus
15) Uptown Bumps 16) Does Jesus Care
17) On Higher Ground 18) Yes Yes in your Eyes
St Augustine Church Choir
Carol Dolliole LeBlanc (Leader)& Piano
Cynthia Dolliole -Alto sax
Brian Carrick''s Heritage Band
John ''Kid'' Simmons (tpt) Chas Hudson (tmb)
Frank Oxley (dms) Bernie Attridge (s/bass)
Louis Lince (bjo) Brian Carrick (clt & Leader)
504 Records CDS 104
Recorded at Word of Mouth Studio, 4th November 2006
Recorded by Tim Stambough, Algiers, Louisiana, USA
1)Down By The Riverside 2)Over In The Gloryland
3)Apple Blossom Time 4)God Will Take care Of You
5)In The Sweet Bye & Bye 6)Hindustan
7)Just A Closer Walk With Thee 8)It''s No Secret
9)Careless Love 10)Bread Of Heaven
11)Amen-Call Him Up 12)Girl of My Dreams
It was after so many requests when playing at Festivals for a CD with my Swedish Quartet, that we decided to make a recording that reflected the music of not only George Lewis, but of the Quartet its-self.
We have not tried to copy George Lewis, but to play within the framework of George, who gave so much joy to so many people when he was alive, and indeed Today over 40years since his death, George is Still giving so much joy all over the world from the recordings that he made.
We hope that you will enjoy this CD and a reflection of the music of this Master of New Orleans Clarinet George Lewis.
1 Burgundy Street Blues, 2 You Broke Your Promise, 3 Precious Lord, 4 Tell the Lord I''m Coming Home, 5 What a Friend we Have in Jesus, 6 Panama,7 In the Valley of Tears, 8 Somewhere working for the Lord, 9 Alexanders Ragtime Band, 10 St. Louis Blues, 11 Collegiate, 12 Basin Street Blues, 13 Walk through the Streets of the City.
504 CD 115 Stereo
Wendell Eugene -Trombone / Vocal Jamie Wight -Trumpet /Vocal Brian Carrick - Clarinet /Vocal Ernest Elley -Drums Andrew Hall -Drums Gereld Adams -String Bass Louis Lince -Banjo
(1) When you and I were Young Maggie (2) Mary Wore a Golden Chain (3) Frankie and Johnny (4) Bye Bye Blackbird (5) Do what Ory Say (6) Lover (7) Tennessee Waltz (8) The Last Mile of the Way (9) At Mardi Gras (10) Milk Cow Blues (11) My Memphis Baby (12) Eh La Bas (13) Walk Through the Streets of the City (14) Oh How I Miss You Tonight (15) Just a Closer Walk With Thee